Sunday, October 4, 2009

Full Moon over the mountain



The sun is setting earlier, thank goodness. I love the time of year we are slowly coming to - cooler weather, shorter days. Even in the desert!


Last night, the full moon was coming up over Mt Lemmon. These are some views from our back 'yard', and the dirt road that we live on.






As I walked out our driveway to the road, all was quiet as the evening came on. I got out to the road, and was all alone - except for one lone coyote. He ran into the brush before I had a chance to snap a picture, rats!





The desert southwest is magnificent in it's beauty. However, lately, I am homesick for home. Changing leaves, and rain, and walks in the woods. My boys are too. I think - one day - we may head home again.

3 comments:

libu said...

where is home ? I have all of these things in Virginia-leaves, and rain, and walks in the woods...
:)

Sue said...

I so understand you Sara!
I miss Canada,I miss real seasons, fall , changing leaves and all the smells that go with it. Winter, real cold and snow, ice crystals on trees and crunching snow under your feet . After month of winter spring with it's tender green....
I could go on for ever. Florida is nice, but the humidity and the constant"summer" doesn't do it for me.
In two years we go back so I hang in there,but we still miss it ....

Waterrose said...

Lovely pictures! Looks like roads we travel on in that area when we are off-roading. I miss home too and think that Oregon will be our next move. Brussels Griffons are great dogs...entertaining and ferocious. Rylie keeps frannie (brittany) on her toes!