Hmmmm. I almost always keep my posts upbeat (well, there was the one post when I was panic stricken waiting for biopsy results), but I'm not feeling upbeat. I don't really know why, either.
1. My oldest son is away. He's 16 1/2, going on 25, and he's spending a week with his friend Anna in Atlanta. It's the first time he's gone away. On a plane. By himself. And he even bought his plane ticket himself, with money he earned from his job at Cold Stone Creamery (ice cream store). I really miss him; it doesn't feel right without him.
2. My youngest son is turning 14 in a week and a half. He just graduated from 8th grade. He'll be in high school in 2 months. (School starts August 8th around here). He's gone with friends a lot. A lot of the time, it's just me and my husband for dinner. Tonight, it was me, my husband, and my father in law, who spends every Sunday with us ever since my mother in law died in January. I miss her terribly. Can't even begin to explain it. Life feels very lonely.
This is my son's 8th grade graduation. A wonderful cloudy day. And it rained all day after the ceremony, which was at 730am. I adore cloudy days. It's always freaking sunny here in the damn desert.
3. I hate Tucson. My next door neighbor is the biggest ...... that I've encountered in a very very long time. I'll write about that situation another time. For the past year, ever since they moved in, it hasn't been so great, and now it's escalated. They are hostile, and accusatory, and awful. Perhaps I should mention that it is THEIR dog that barks 300 times during every single day, and has woken us up at 6am every single solitary morning ever since they moved in. I finally had enough and said something, and now apparently I am the most evil person on the planet. OK, I promised to not rant about that.
It's summer here, which means HOT. Although, the last few days, it hasn't been that hot. So I'm not sure why I'm complaining.
I hate it here. I miss water. There isn't even a creek, or a pond, let alone the beach. I want to move. 4 more years, then my youngest will graduate high school, and I'm leaving.
4. My horse Belle has something wrong with her. Not a very big deal, I don't think, but she has scabs in her nose - very delicate area. How did that happen? So bought some medicine, it is bright pink. Makes her look very attractive.
5. We're getting a new horse soon. We're spending a lot of money building a stall and clearing land, etc. Money that we shouldn't be spending. But....I have a new potential riding student coming to meet me tomorrow, so hopefully will be making part of the money back soon.
6. I hate holiday weekends. People are always with their big giant familes and their 80 million friends, and I am not.
OK, I think I'm done bitching and feeling sorry for myself for the moment.
Just so you can see the mountains. I do like the mountains.