Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sick Kitty - Sylvester died today



This is Sylvester. He's about 13 years old. We have been his family since he was a baby kitten. We also had his sister, Tweety. She got out one Saturday night and - that was that. There are a ton of predators in the wild west.


Anyway, this past weekend, all of a sudden, I noticed that Sylvester was not himself. He's always been lean, but now he's skinny. And weak. And I had a bad feeling. Called the vet at 8am. Was there at 9am. Blood tests.


Bad news. Extreme renal failure.


A small glimmer of hope.....sending blood work out for a thyroid test. Thyroid disease can cause kidney failure. They can treat thyroid disease. We'll know tomorrow.




sorry for the blurry pics....not enough light inside when I took these....



Update: Sylvester went to kitty heaven, today, at 12noon. His Daddy is inconsolable. Sylvester (Mylvester to his closest friends) was a wonderful cat, truly special. There will never be another like him.
Goodbye, Sylvester, we love you so much.

13 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear, I have had two cats with kidney failure, 18yr. old "Molson" and 13yr.old "Mr. B.". Keep us posted.

The Little Fox said...

Oh that is so sad! I really hope all goes well and that he will get well soon!!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

so sad...hopefully it's treatable...

missknits said...

awww poor kitty! another friend of mine - her kitty just got diagnosed with a thyroid issue too. has to be on meds the rest of her kitty life i guess. i hope your kitty's gonna be ok!


i also tagged you here http://missknitsetsy.blogspot.com/

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Dear Woolies,

I'm so sorry about your loss. As you might recall, I lost our beloved Mr. D. this year, he was 16. Maybe he greeted Sylvester at the Rainbow Bridge, I would like to think so. ((( hugs )))
With Love, Sunny

Flor Larios Art said...

Sorry about your loss.

TheSingingBird said...

I'm so sorry you lost your dear kitty, I hope good memories will help you through your sorrow.

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

How heartbreaking for you, sending a hug :(

Lona said...

I am sorry for your loss...

Anja said...

I am so sorry you lost your special boy....
Sending you a big hug
Anja

Waterrose said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. One of our cockatiels died this week. It was a sad day.

5Cats said...

I'm so so sorry for your loss. :(

My 17 year old cat Boy just died late April. He was my baby since the day I found him in a drain when he was only a month old. I know how you must feel.

Hold on to your happy times with him. That's all we can do I guess.

Huge hugs!

BuD said...

Saw this mentioned on your Etsy store.

Even though it happened a while ago, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! Losing a member of the family is hard.