Thursday, July 2, 2009

Frogs in the Pool!!!

It's monsoon season - all of a sudden - here in Tucson Arizona. Monsoons are huge thunderstorms, and can be torrential, with very damaging winds, thunder and lightning. The dry riverbeds and washes can flood, very quickly.

Monsoon season brings out all kinds of critters.

There's the poisonous desert toad. They are bigger than a man's hand, and whatever you do - DON'T let your dog near them. If your dog licks them, they can die. If YOU lick them, you can hallucinate.

Tarantulas. I haven't seen any yet. Any day now.....

Scorpions. Black widow spiders. Snakes. Don't I just love living here?

BUT, today, we have new visitors.

Frogs.


In the pool.

TONS of them.





What am I going to do with them??



I need to turn on the filter, so the pool can get cleaned. There's quite a bit of debris after last night's storm. But can I? Will the filter scoop up all the froggies?




And, where did they come from? Did they drop from the sky during the storm? Some of them like hanging out in the filter bucket ---






And some of them like getting piggyback rides on each other. Hmmm. What ARE they doing?







And what am I going to do to keep them from swimming in my pool all summer??




3 comments:

Sue said...

We find frogs and toads in our pool every other day. I just scoop them out and send them on their way. I'm not sure if you can keep them from coming back.
They need the water.....

Jenn said...

the water is bad for them, the chlorine will bleach them white if they stay in too long and slowly kill them...scoop them out as fast as you can...

TheSingingBird said...

oh my goodness! i knew living in the desert was challenging, but that's a lot to deal with! best wishes!