Sunday, January 16, 2011

Educational Toys

I did not home school my kids, but I SO believe in the incredible value of educational toys - even, or especially! if your kids go to a traditional school.

One of my oldest son's favorite toys was a wooden alphabet puzzle - like this one:

Alphabet puzzle available at Wood That's Fun.

It taught him the alphabet! Colors! Manual dexterity! I made sure none of the letters got lost. I was kind of fanatical about it.....


Beneath the Rowan Tree has another take on alphabet games, with these coins -



The Enchanted Cupboard has another game - sorting and stacking bowls:




The acorns can be found at FairyFolk's shop.


It's been on my mind for a long time to create a memory game - Voila!



Available at Woolies!

Give your child something fun, that they will treasure forever! (Well, maybe not forever, they do turn into teenagers....)

:)




5 comments:

Amanda T said...

Love the memory game! Very sweet :)

Kristin Aquariann said...

Fun finds! I adored listening to the Letter People records when I was young - remember them? Mr. S and his Super Socks was my favorite.

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

Nice Woolies!

Natalie/Woolhalla said...

I love the colours... so beautiful!

Yarn Miracle said...

I love the game! I wanted something like that a little more than a year ago - it will be a hit!