Monday, July 14, 2008

Another fabric Woolies!

I did it again. Embroidering their faces is a challenge for me - and I don't want to use plastic safety eyes, trying to keep it "natural".


One thing I really really like about making these dolls is that it is less time consuming than knitting animals. I love to knit, it is a part of me forever, and I probably love the knitted animals better (she says in a whisper), but I love these too - and can make them in a few hours, rather than many hours.
Lulu is made from a pattern by bitofwhimsyprims on Etsy. Her name is also Sarah (with an H), thank you Sarah!


Here's Lulu - she's in my Woolies shop. Love any feedback, including constructive criticism....


8 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What a precious little lamb! I'm so glad you came by the Rosehaven Cottage blog so I could come by and discover your wonderful work. Please come by often.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Rosebud Collection said...

How sweet..I like the face, very cute.

Life in the 20 acre woods said...

So cute :) The rosy fabric is a great touch.

Anonymous said...

She's really adorable and I love the color's. I have to pop to your shop and check her out!

Jenn Maruska said...

Nice job!

The embroidery is a great technique to use on stuffies - so that little kids can enjoy them and parents don't have to worry about buttons.

And the more you embroider - the easier it gets! : )

Anonymous said...

Embroidery is hard at first...it takes years to get good at it and even longer to perfect it. I am nowhere NEAR perfecting it, but I love to embroider! It is so much fun! :0) That's the most important part, have fun. I have seen dolls with eyes all wonky and out of line and they are still cute (not that yours are, yours actually look really good to me!)

Blessings~

Unknown said...

Another cutie from you Sarah. Better stock up on those. They are wonderful. I like the mocha face.

Teaching Handwork said...

so sweet