Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wild bunnies!






We have lots of wild cottontail bunnies. They're all over the place. Unfortunately, so are coyotes, hawks and bobcats. Not so safe for the bunnies!



Bunnies like it at our house, because we have lots of hay, for our horses. But it blows around, and there's always some loose hay, and it's yummy to bunnies!




Of course, in the spring, there are babies. This year, some new bunny holes appeared right near our horse arena. There were two babies, now I'm only seeing one. He/she? is the friendliest of bunnies. He's been known to fall asleep during riding lessons, sleeping right next to whoever is watching the lesson. Yesterday evening, I was able to get some really cute pictures of this half-grown bunny.




6 comments:

LeaKarts said...

Oh, I love the bunnies! You are right, there is something to be said for living in a smaller town :)

Waterrose said...

Bunnies abound at my house too. I believe they have made their nest in my lavender...so they are good smelling bunnies and very relaxed!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! :0) I love them so...
We have several nesting under our blackberry bushes...

Trendy Bindi's Boutique LLC said...

Aren't little bunnies the best? I just love when you get a glimpse of little cute critters out in their natural habitat, its like a little blessing! We have a bunny that must be living under our lilacs at our shop and just about every night at around 6 it pops out in the middle of the mini-yard and visits!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

awww how cute! I wish we had wild bunnies here, but alas, too many kitties roam the neighborhood :(

I have two silly bunnies who live with us inside, so they kind of make up for it. Bunnies rule! :)

Sophie Grace said...

This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing. Download video without a watermark on a PC, iOS or Android download tik tok videos