Thursday, June 7, 2012

Forecast



7 Day Forecast. June in the Sonoran Desert. And this is mild! I can *almost* (no, not really), deal with this kind of hot. It's when it gets up to 105 and above that it is totally intolerable. It's like a furnace. and yes, it's really dry. I think the humidity is about 7%. My eyes, nose, throat, skin - dry. Beyond dry. Pedicures are a medical necessity, because something happens to the skin on the bottom of your feet when you live in the desert. It gets like leather, and then cracks. Which hurts like crazy.
There are fire alerts everywhere. No fireworks for the 4th of July, 2nd year in a row.
So I limit my outside time to early morning and after dinner. Because the heat makes me not feel good. I don't know if it's my auto-immune disease, or what. But I'm sapped of energy.

Did I tell you how much I love my air-conditioning? We had to buy an entire new central AC unit; we did it in December. It works great. Glorious. My husband and I have little mini-wars about what to set it on. He likes 75. I think that's a little extreme.

What's it like where you live??

2 comments:

eidolons said...

Weird. My feet do that here in Northern Florida - where the humidity is always 300% it seems! (:

It hasn't gotten too hot yet (though again, it usually feels like walking through a hot, wet towel around here). We've had a run of storms - the sun comes out for about an hour a day. Highs aren't even in the 90s yet, though. So that's a nice change from the average June!

momto5 said...

we are up in phx so it is mad hot here as well. i have to admit the community pools are a saving grace during the day and we just went to the desert botanical garden last night and it was lovely even though it was like 99. lol i do love the monsoon but when that humidity kicks in and it is still 109 well dang. i am boiling! LOL still i do love that rain on the desert.