Monday, April 14, 2008

Henry

I finished Henry today. I fell in love with him...he's knit from my friend Kathy's handspun kid mohair. There is nothing like it on the face of the earth. I'm not kidding! It is beyond soft.

Then I stuffed him with clean, carded wool. I dressed him in overalls. I embroidered his face - no plastic safety eyes, and I love how they came out! When I first started making animals, all I wanted was safety eyes. Been using them for over a year now. But....I really like how the embroidered eyes came out!

OK, I'll stop singing my praises now...and it's not really like I'm touting my own abilities, cause as I'm making these little animals, they take on a life of their own. They speak to me.

Yes I know I'm crazy.


:0)



He's listed here. Just in case he speaks to you too.


5 comments:

micawber said...

Henry is so sweet! I took quite a shinning to Caroline in your shop though, she is adorable!

Guess what....we went for it! We got the camera! Now I just have to learn how to use it! Hehehe!

Cheers,
Crystal

TheSingingBird said...

henry is adorable!

P.S. Original said...

Henry is so darling! Your blog is wonderful!

Cathe Holden said...

I don't know what's cuter, Henry or his name. He is simply precious.

Anonymous said...

I love all of your animals...I often drool over them when I visit your shop!! I wish I could buy several for my girls...soon!!