Monday, March 17, 2008

Natural Kids


There is this awesome Etsy street team (a team of shops that have something in common) called Natural Kids. Many of the members are Moms; many do at-home schooling; many believe in the Waldorf tradition of teaching. Waldorf is a method of teaching - here is an excerpt from Wikepedia:

" Learning is interdisciplinary, integrates practical, artistic, and intellectual elements, and is coordinated with "natural rhythms of everyday life". The Waldorf approach emphasizes the role of the imagination in learning, developing thinking that includes a creative as well as an analytic component." Many of the shops on
Etsy that are members of Natural Kids make toys - all natural toys.
My stuffed animals fulfill the Waldorf principals (except for the
safety eyes - plastic is rather a no-no). Here are just a few -
feast your eyes! The little dolls are done by a wonderful shop
called germandolls She also makes custom, traditional waldorf dolls, like this one - if I only had a daughter.... one day I might need to get one just for me!
I just have to share some of these shops with you, because they amaze me. Let me know what you think, and I'll be featuring more soon!

5 comments:

germandolls said...

Thanks Sara! I really appreciate your feature on this wonderful blog! I am always amazed by the wonders of technology. Today is my first time on a blog. Maybe now I will feel brave enough to start one of my own???
Thanks for your encouragement! Thanks to all the wonderful crafters and artists on etsy who have come together to promote natural toys!

FairiesNest said...

Great post Sara!

Rosebud Collection said...

They are the cutest toys..What a job they do.

Tara said...

I have always wondered about waldorf inspired items on etsy! Thanks for the post, those little heart dolls are adorable!

Dharma Designs said...

How sweet - perfect for any little girl. :-)